Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sleep Tight!

"Operation Crib" has gone much smoother than we planned for!!  Admittedly there were some rough moments but overall the trio has adapted nicely - they needed a few snuggles and help transitioning out of different positions but seem to like the freedom to sleep in their own space.

I attribute our success to our strict routines - daytime and bedtime.  I've also been making a strong effort to have them take their naps exclusively in their cribs as oppose to letting them fall asleep in their swings and moving them.  A few easy changes to the daytime routine has yielded much better sleep for them and us!!  Here is a quick look at our current schedule:
*8am Bottle
*10am Bottle, Cereal & Banana 
*11am Morning Nap (30-45 minutes)
*1pm Bottle, Cereal & Veggie (squash, green beans or avocado) 
*1:30 Afternoon Nap (2 hours)
*4pm Bottle
*6:30pm Bottle, Cereal & Veggie (different than the morning)
*8:30 Bedtime Routine - Bath with lotion massage, Bottle, Swing

If nothing else I am grateful to have my bed back - to be able to sleep in any position I want! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Great job! My trio has slept in their crib at night since we have been home from the hospital. I'm just now starting to put them in their crib for naps, and it's been really tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're much smarter than I was! It would have been such an easier transition if we had kept them in cribs like the NICU did. Where were yours napping before?

      Delete
  2. Mine were napping either in the rock n play or on my bed. They've already caught on though! They are now napping in the crib. For one of my girls, I would just have to pat and rub her back when she started to cry. After that, she would fall asleep. She now can fall asleep on her own, but I still need to soothe her occassionally by rubbing her back.

    ReplyDelete