Saturday, March 30, 2013

The 3 C's ~ Week 1

My Pinterest is overflowing with SO many good ideas.  I've decided to start weeding through them to find out what woks, what tastes good, what's simple & what ... well, what isn't what it says it is.  My goal is to try 3 things each week -- want to keep me motivated?  Share some of your ideas.  I'll try them & let you know if they work.  

Cleaning:  I've come across endless suggestions for making your own cleaning supplies.  I've never tried it and really doubted any of them actually work.  I recently borrowed some of my mom's bread pans and noticed they weren't exactly sparkling so I thought I'd try out a recipe for making your pans look "brand new."  


I wouldn't say they look brand new but it is definitely an improvement.  Be warned this takes A LOT of elbow grease!  

link: http://theliberalmormonmom.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-cleaning-your-baking-sheets.html

Cooking: I'm REALLY trying to make healthy meals that have eliminated most GM ingredients.  Spur of the moment I decided to make cornbread.  I found a recipe that called for corn rather than cornmeal.  There are a few ways to make this recipe healthier: use fresh corn, use 100% whole grain flour - you could alter it in many different ways to make it your own.

link: http://gmomj.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/delicious-corn-bread-real-corn-no-cornmeal/

Crafting: I have more plastic bags than I know what to do with.  We've made the switch to re-useable bags but my grandma gives me all of her old bags (which we use for dirty diapers).  To save space and have easy access I made this:


It's easy and works great (took less than 10 minutes)!  The link said to use 12 bags - I used closer to 50.  
link: http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/07/summer-social-guest-project-make_21.html

xo, Bridget

1 comment:

  1. Loved the idea with the Lysol wipe container and the plastic bags! It has freed up so much space under the sink.

    ReplyDelete